DANGEROUS GOODS BY AIR BASIC and RE-CURRENT TRAINING CLASSES AVAILABLE
GEMC Inc, offers 2 types of Air training based on the ICAO technical instructions and the ICAO Carrier requirements.
Both courses offered expire every 2 years. The Basic training program is for individuals who have never taken the 3 day Air course and the 1 day re-current program is for those individuals whose Basic training certificate has expired within the 2 year period.
The following list includes materials covered in our courses:
- Applicability (definitions, basis of regulations, responsibilities)
- Nomenclature (units of measurement, abbreviations, symbols)
- Dangerous goods in excepted or limited quantities and forbidden dangerous goods
- State and Operator Variations
- Classification (9 classes and packing groups)
- Selecting proper shipping name, alphabetical and numerical lists
- Packing requirements, UN specification packages and incompatible dangerous goods
- Requirements for marking and labeling of packages and overpacks
- Requirements for placards for ground transportation
- Completion of Shipper’s Declaration